Monday, May 19, 2008

The Service

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
Bilbo Baggins, The Lord of the Rings

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.
Frodo Baggins, The Lord of the Rings

"And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow. "
Alma 40:12


Memorial Service for
Jordan McKay Washburn

Conducting: Bishop Christopher Coltrin Organist: Karma Elsworth
Chorister: Erin Taylor

Welcome ___________________________________ Bishop Coltrin

Opening Hymn ______________ #299 Children of Our Heavenly Father

Invocation ________________________________ Blaine Washburn

Memories of Jordan by his brothers:
Ethan Washburn ------------Neil Washburn
Kimball Washburn--------------Colin Washburn
Greg Washburn------------ Shane Washburn


Music ____________________________________ Evan Darrington
"Our Savior's Love"

Speaker ___________________________________Kirtland Naylor

Closing Hymn __________________ #286 Oh, What Songs of the Heart

Benediction ______________________________ Jonathon Washburn

Pallbearers: Ethan Washburn, Kimball Washburn, Greg Washburn,
Neil Washburn, Shane Washburn, Daniel A. Washburn

Honorary Pallbearers: Daniel E. Washburn, Colin Washburn, Rob Washburn,
Alan Washburn, Clifford Washburn, Cordell Washburn

Dedication of Grave _________________________ Kimball Washburn



Jordan McKay Washburn was born in Moses Lake, Washington, March 16, 1982. The fifth son of Daniel E. and Bonnie Washburn. He graduated from Royal High School in Royal City, Washington in 2000, served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from 2001 to 2003 in the Philippines San Pablo Mission. He attended college at Brigham Young University and Boise State University. Jordan went to China in 2006 where he met and married Brianna (Zhou Xiu Qiong). They returned to the states in December 2007 to seek medical treatment for Jordan.

Jordan is survived by his wife Brianna, parents Dan and Bonnie Washburn, brothers Ethan(Missy), Kimball(Jessica), Greg(Lesley), Neil(Penny), Colin, and Shane.

Interment: Morris Hill Cemetery in Boise, Idaho.

7 comments:

Julie said...

It was a wonderful service, I am so grateful I got to be there. There was a wonderful spirit there, and it also had a light touch feel to it. I learned even more about Jordan's uniqueness and how we can each reach out a little more to others to lift one another and brighten their day. Brianna, and all of you of the family may your continue to feel comfort and love from both Jordan and our Heavenly Father.

Anonymous said...

Many hugs and kisses from Yakima. I was overwhelmed by the support from family and friends! Thanks for sharing in this process with us and for carrying some of the burden. We will never forget. Godspeed one and all!

Love,

Agent 001

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I couldn't be there. It sounds like it was a wonderful beautiful service, one that Jordan would have wanted. May you continue to find peace in the love of God.
Liz

Reed said...

I hadn't chatted with Jordan in about a month, mostly because I rarely log in to Gmail for more than a minute... I'm sorry I hadn't lingered and chatted with him more.

I would have liked to attend his funeral. I'm very sorry I wasn't in touch so that I could have found out about it and his passing. Thanks again to Brianna for bringing me to this page where I can at least read the heartfelt words of others in his memory.

Jordan, you will most definitely be missed. My heartfelt condolences to the Washburn family and especially Brianna.

Ley's dad said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us Jordan's service. We greatly appreciate it. We really wanted to be there, but couldn't. By reading this, we are able to at least picture a little of how the service went. The talk that was posted was wonderful. Gave us another perspective on life and living. We will continually pray and fast for everybody especially Brianna.

Hugs,
Lael and James Rogers

Kim Stinson said...

I left a note on the guestbook associated with the obituary, but just wanted to leave another one here to express my deepest condolances. I read every single word on this blog from February's postings through May's and I cried, laughed and remembered. I only wish I had tried to get in touch sooner so I could have added my support. I'll keep Briana and your family in my prayers.

Love,

Kim (Seamons) Stinson

Bonnie said...

Thank you, all. Hello to you, Kim, although you will probably never see this. I just gbarely found your note. Peace, - Bonnie